Soldiers Memorial Hospital Foundation is committed to supporting health care throughout the Mid Valley Region and beyond. Your donations help fund new equipment and local community health programs.
When you donate to the Foundation, your funds have a direct impact on the health and lives of patients as well as various health-related programs in the community.
New equipment is essential for providing the best care possible to patients. Through partnerships with service clubs, health auxiliaries, and other hospital foundations, we have been able to purchase millions of dollars of equipment over the past 50 years since our inception. Some of the equipment purchased by SMH Foundation includes:
- Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
- High-Level Disinfection Unit for the Ultrasound Department
- Point of Care Ultrasound for the Emergency Department
- Bariatric Exam Table for the OBS Clinic
- Pain Pumps for Palliative Care Unit
- Medication Carts for the Veterans’ Unit
- Combi Oven and Blast Chiller for the Cafeteria
- Mobility devices
Our Foundation helps to financially support local programs that benefit the community.
Below is a list of ongoing programs which we help fund:
- Annapolis County Seniors’ Safety Program
- Annapolis County Active Kids Healthy Kids Society
- Kings County Seniors’ Safety Society
- Trans County Transportation Society Medical Shuttle
Through the years, Soldiers Memorial Hospital Foundation has aided in funding campaigns with other foundations. These partnerships have helped to increase the overall health care for patients throughout the Annapolis Valley. SMH Foundation has helped to financially support:
‘Sight and Sound of Healing’ Campaign
‘Labour of Love’ Fetal Monitor Campaign
The purchase of an Echocardiography Machine for VRH
The purchase of a VMAX System for VRH
The purchase of a CT Scanner for VRH
Without your financial contribution, Soldiers Memorial Hospital Foundation would not be able to provide essential services and support to our area.
Please consider making a donation today.